At Regent Nursery we consider children’s welfare of paramount importance.
- To ensure that the children are safe in the nursery environment we complete a daily risk assessment to ensure the building and equipment are safe for the children to use. Any unsafe equipment is discarded instantly.
- We have a secure door entry system that only allows access through a main front door, which is controlled by staff members.
- Through our Collection Policy we only allow authorized family or friends to collect a child. If for any other reason, a new person is asked to collect the child, we require authorization and a password from the parents before the child is released to that person.
- Anyone entering the nursery (parents, staff and children) is required to sign in and sign out. This enables us to know exactly who is in the building in the case of emergency.
- Any prospective parents viewing the nursery do so on an appointment system, to ensure that the nursery is not continually showing strangers around, while the children are present.
- The staff team all hold a current DBS check and if for any reason we require cover staff, then they will come from a reputable recruitment agency.
- All staff hold a Paediatric First Aid Certificate and can deal with emergencies, if and when, they occur.
- The nursery uses a cleaning company to clean the nursery on a daily basis, to ensure that the nursery environment is clean and hygienic for the children.
- Children are encouraged to take responsibility for their own welfare, where possible. They know about the importance of washing their hands after toileting and how to prevent the spread of germs. The children know the importance of disposing of tissues once they have been used.